Monday, June 23, 2008

Outside the box

In response to Caught Up in the Past

When I began reading this post, I was noting points on which I disagree. Having such a powerful opening line, with which I whole heartedly disagree I read with the assumption that I would disagree with the point. Then I got to paragraph two, and while I find that we do loose site of what is important, I believe it is the unavoidable allure of power which interfere and not the constitution. It is the political conflict which makes the government slower than perhaps it should be.

While a behemoth bureaucracy such as our federal government will never be what one might call nimble, it could certainly use a dose of efficiency. With that, the essence of this editorial (if I might be so presumptuous), I most definitely agree. I think this is a ballsy, out of the box way to think about things. I think it is far easier to say this is problem with no solution and it requires courage to ask the question this begs. If there was a way to solve our slow to progress government’s lack of social dexterity, what would it be?

I think your ideas here are not thoroughly thought out, but I am always impressed with people who think about things outside their normal boundaries.

No comments: